Tom Coupé holds the position of Associate Professor and Senior Economist at the Kyiv School of Economics.
Tom obtained his
Ph.D from the Free University of
Brussels (ULB) in 2002. His research interest
include economics of education, labor economics and political economics.
Tom regularly writes columns and articles for newspapers and magazines and has done consultancy work for the European Economic Association, Routledge, UNESCO and the World Bank.
For more information please visit the Tom Coupe's personal site.
- Economic and Social Consequences of Industrial Restructuring in Russia and Ukraine (ESCIRRU)
- The Political Economy of Reform – The Case of Ukrainian Labor Reform
- The Dynamics of Returns to Education in Ukraine
- The Impact of the Financial Crisis on Ukrainian primary education
- CITIES: An Analysis of the Post-Communist Experience
- Costs and benefits of Labour Mobility between the EU and the Eastern partnership countries (on-going project)
- Does the Academic Labor Market Initially Allocate New Graduates Efficiently? (Journal of Economic Perspectives)
- Incentives, Sorting and Productivity along the Career: Evidence from a Sample of Top Economists (Journal of Law, Economics and Organization)
- Are Leading Papers of Better Quality? Evidence from a Natural Experiment
- The Visibility of Ukrainian Economists 1969-2005 (Journal of Socio-Economics)
- Incentives and Bonuses: the Case of the 2006 World Cup (KYKLOS: International Review for Social Sciences)
- Bias in Conditional and Unconditional Fixed Effects Logit Estimation: a Correction (Political Analysis)
- Choosing not to Choose: On the Link Between Information and Abstention (Economics Letters)
- What Do We Know About Ourselves? On the Economics of Economics (Kyklos)
- Revealed Performances: Worldwide Ranking of Economists and Economics Departments, 1990-2000 (Journal of the European Economic Association)
- Quality Based Rankings of Irish Economists 1990-2000 (Economic and Social Review)
- Science is Golden: Academic R&D and University Patents (Journal of Technology Transfer)
- The Impact of Policies on FDI flows to Transition Countries (Global Exchange and Poverty)
- Should Universities Be Conglomerates? (The Strategic Analysis of Universities: Microeconomic and Management Perspectives)
- Can Peer Review Be Trusted? The UK Research Assessment on Trial (The Strategic Analysis of Universities: Microeconomic and Management Perspectives)
- The Effect of Transition on Women in Ukrainian Industry: An Exploration of the ULFS Panel Data ("In The Grip of Transition: Economic and Social Consequences of Restructuring in Russia and Ukraine")
- Suspicious Blood and Performance in Professional Cycling (Journal of Sports Economics)
- Discussion on "Lessons of Experience and Future"
- The State of Economics Education and Research in Ukraine
- Peer Review versus Citations
- Incentives in Economics Departments – Part 2: Testing Tournament Theory
- Do Tobacco Bans Harm the Advertising Economy?
- The Economics of Football: an Empirical Examination
- Causes and Consequences of Academic Inbreeding in Ukraine