Project Assistant position (m/f)
The Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO, Germany) and Kyiv School of Economics (KSE, Ukraine) invites applications for a
Project Assistant position (m/f)
in the pilot project “The sustainable internationalization of Ukrainian research structures in the context of the globalization of the Ukrainian food sector”. The pilot project is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) for a period of 36 months. The pilot project aims to develop scientific capacity-building within a cooperation project between the Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO) and the Kyiv School of Economics (KSE). The project is composed of 4 well linked components: First, a joint research group is established, which is at the core of the project and focuses on questions of the integration of the Ukrainian food sector in regional and international markets. The second component includes the realization of capacity building measures at the KSE. Third, a project office is established. Fourth, the perpetuation of the project is prepared (business plan for the university chair/research center at the KSE).
· Project coordination and monitoring;
· Preparation of reports, updates and grant related materials; control of document flow (contracts, invoices and others);
· Events/seminars planning, preparation and coordination;
· Monitor calls for proposals and coordinate applications for funding;
· Communication with project partners and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
· Outstanding Master’s degree (or equivalent) in English and/or German philology or a related discipline;
· Highly proficient in oral and written English, German, Ukrainian and/or Russian;
· Experience in international projects (involvement in grant activities and international technical assistance project would be an advantage)
· Loves to love his or her job: is motivated, committed and high ability to work in a team environment.
The Project Assistant position will be based at KSE in Kyiv (Ukraine). The service contract is limited to 3 years. The position is a part-time position of 50 percent and financed through a service contract of 325,- EUR/month. KSE might offer supplementary service contract (up to a full-time position) to qualified candidates. KSE is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Applications with a cover letter, curriculum vitae and electronic copies of all relevant transcripts and certificates of master or equivalent courses should be sent via email as one pdf-file (no larger than 2 MB) to Ms. Antje Elsner (email@example.com the subject KSE/IAMO Project Application.
Applications will be considered until January 14, 2018 or until the position is filled. The preferred starting date is February 1, 2018. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview via email. Solicitation costs cannot be reimbursed.
For further information on the advertised position, please contact Dr. Oleksandr Perekhozhuk (IAMO, Germany) or Dr. Oleg Nivievskyi (KSE, Ukraine).
Dr. Oleksandr Perekhozhuk
Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO)
Theodor-Lieser-Str. 2, 06120 Halle (Saale), Germany
Tel.: +49 345 2928-236
Fax: +49 345 2928-299
Dr. Oleg Nivievskyi
Kyiv School of Economics (KSE)
Dmytrivska St, 92-94, 01135 Kyiv, Ukraine