Data Analyst in Procurement Monitoring
- Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
- Date Posted: February, 2017
- Application Deadline: March 3, 2017
- Job Type: Full-time
The Kyiv School of Economics (KSE) is the premier graduate school of economics and management in Ukraine and a leading institution in economics and policy research in Ukraine is accepting applications for Data Analyst of the Program in Monitoring of Public Procurement within the USAID-funded Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS) project.
The purpose of TAPAS is to financially support Ukrainian citizens and the Government of Ukraine in reducing or eliminating corruption in key public administration functions and services and build trust of Ukrainians in their government based on demonstrated transparency, accountability and improved services. The activity will focus on three areas: 1) large scale use of electronic procurement in Ukraine; 2) an effective Open Data program; and 3) transparent and efficient public services in the form of eServices.
The Program in Monitoring of Public Procurement, within the E-procurement component, is a 2-year program devoted to policy advice, Research & Development, media outreach and policy consulting based on analysis of the data of Ukrainian E-procurement system, ProZorro.
- Serve as Data Analyst under supervision of the Program Director and Senior Analyst;
- Work with the Program implementation team on development of the toolkit to analyze procurement data, find industry- and project-specific trends and cases suspected in corruption;
- Analyze business processes of the public purchasers;
- Conduct market analysis, market distortions analysis;
- Develop data catalogs and data bases as need during the process;
- Analyze the data using statistical software (Stata, R, Matlab, other);
- Write media publications;
- Prepare and delivering presentations about the Program and toolkits;
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director;
- Master’s degree or equivalent in fundamental sciences or technical fields;
- Professional-level experience with responsibility for business analysis, data analysis, IT products development, development or work with Business Intelligence tools;
- Knowledge of programming languages would be a strong advantage;
- Excellent communication, presentation and computer skills; ability to develop own quality written products on Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in English;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize academic literature;
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with ”DATAPAS” in the subject line.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.