three PhD positions (m/f)
The Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO, Germany) and Kyiv School of Economics (KSE, Ukraine) invites applications for one of up to
three PhD positions (m/f)
in the pilot project “The sustainable internationalization of Ukrainian research structures in the context of the globalization of the Ukrainian food sector”. The pilot project is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) for a period of 36 months. The pilot project aims to develop scientific capacity-building within a cooperation project between the Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO) and the Kyiv School of Economics (KSE). The project is composed of 4 well linked components: First, a joint research group is established, which is at the core of the project and focuses on questions of the integration of the Ukrainian food sector in regional and international markets. The second component includes the realization of capacity building measures at the KSE. Third, a project office is established. Fourth, the perpetuation of the project is prepared (business plan for the university chair/research center at the KSE). Successful PhD candidates will conduct their PhD in research fields which allow to improve the understanding of the integration of the Ukrainian food sector in regional and international markets.
The ideal candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
- Outstanding Master’s degree (or equivalent) in agricultural/food economics, general economics, or a related fields with strong focus on econometrics or statistics;
- Very good STATA or R skills; experience with SAS or SHAZAM is of advantage;
- High proficiency in oral and written English, Ukrainian or Russian language skills of advantage;
- Interest in planning, designing and implementing of applied research and econometric analysis;
- High individual commitment to research;
- Communicability, openness and willingness for integration into team work.
The successful candidates will become members of the IAMO Graduate School and apply for a doctoral degree from Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg (Germany). During the analysis and writing-up period of the PhD thesis, the doctoral student will be based at KSE in Kyiv (Ukraine). The service contract is limited to 3 years. The position is financed through a service contract of 650 EUR/month. KSE is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Electronic applications (in English language) should be submitted as one pdf-file (no larger than 2 MB) to Ms. Antje Elsner (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject KSE/IAMO Project Application and should contain following documents:
- Letter of motivation (up to 1 page);
- Curriculum vitae;
- Electronic copies of all relevant transcripts and certificates of master or equivalent courses;
- Names and contact information of two academic referees.
Applications will be considered until January 14, 2018 or until the position is filled. The preferred starting date is February 1, 2018. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview via email. Solicitation costs cannot be reimbursed.
For further information on the advertised position, please contact Dr. Oleksandr Perekhozhuk (IAMO, Germany) or Dr. Oleg Nivievskyi (KSE, Ukraine).
Dr. Oleksandr Perekhozhuk
Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO)
Theodor-Lieser-Str. 2, 06120 Halle (Saale), Germany
Tel.: +49 345 2928-236
Fax: +49 345 2928-299
Dr. Oleg Nivievskyi
Kyiv School of Economics (KSE)
Dmytrivska St, 92-94, 01135 Kyiv, Ukraine