Do you want to understand the current state of the Ukrainian economy and what to expect in the future? KSE and VoxUkraine invite you to a two-day course "Ukraine: An Insiders’ View on Macroeconomics, Central Banking, and Monetary Policy” (November 28-29, 2015) where leading economists and policy-makers will explain the economic grounds of the current situation in Ukraine and share their expectations about its future prospects.
What to expect:
- Objective and high quality analysis of economic processes explained by the world leading experts;
- Practical cases and recommendations from the top management of the National Bank, who are shaping the economic reality of Ukraine;
- Unique data and forecasts which were not available to the general public;
- Prominent lecturers from the National bank of Ukraine, Kyiv School of Economics and VoxUkraine and insights from the top officials;
- New information and understanding that will improve the quality of your decision making, as well as of your company;
- Networking among Ukrainian opinion leaders;
- Certificate for those who successfully complete the course.
The National Bank of Ukraine:
▸ Valeria Hontareva, Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine;
▸ Dmytro Sologoub, Deputy Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine ;
▸ Vladyslav Rashkovan, Deputy Governor of the National Bank of Ukraine;
▸ Vitalii Vavryschuk, Director of Financial Stability Department at the National Bank of Ukraine;
▸ Sergey Nikolaichuk, Director of Monetary Policy and Economic Analysis Department at the National Bank of Ukraine
▸ Andrei Kirilenko, Professor of the Practice of Finance at the MIT Sloan School of Management, member of the Advisory Board of VoxUkraine;
▸ Yuriy Gorodnichenko, Associate Professor at the Department of Economics, University of California, Berkeley. Co-founder and member of the Editorial Board of VoxUkraine. #1 Young Economist in the world according to RePEc ranking (SKYPE);
▸ Tymofiy Mylovanov, Associate Professor at the Department of Economics of the University of Pittsburgh. Co-founder and member of the Editorial Board of VoxUkraine (SKYPE);
▸ Оlena Bilan, Chief Economist at Dragon Capital, member of the Editorial Board of VoxUkraine, one of the leading analysts in Ukraine according to Thomson Reuters Extel Survey;
• Oleksandr Talavera, Reader in Finance at the Management School, University of Sheffield. Co-founder and member of the Editorial Board of VoxUkraine;
▸ Volodymyr Bilotkach, Senior Lecturer in Economics at the Newcastle University Business School, member of the Editorial Board of VoxUkraine.
Kyiv School of Economics:
▸ Olesia Verchenko, Academic Director and Assistant Professor at the Kyiv School of Economics and Senior Economist at the Kyiv Economic Institute;
▸ Elena Besedina, Assistant Professor at the Kyiv School of Economics and Senior Economist at the Kyiv Economic Institute;
National University of "Kyiv-Mohyla Academy":
▸ Olga Kupets, Short Term Consultant at The World Bank, Associate Professor at National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy
Institute of Economic Research and Policy Consulting
▸ Mykola Ryzhenkov, Research Fellow at the Institute of Economic Research and Policy
Also follow on Facebook.
Partners: National Bank of Ukraine, Liga.net, SEGODNYA.ua, Delo.ua, Free Economic School, Petr i Mazepa, Kyiv Post, hromadske.tv, Radio Svoboda, 5 channel, Economichna pravda, Centre for Economic Strategy, NaUKMA, The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting, Platforma, USUBC, Interfax Ukraine, Kyiv Liberty Classes, Nova Kraina, reeD.
The course will outline the most critical issues for countries in the aftermath of economic and political crises, with particular focus on macroeconomic and financial stabilization. At the end of the course, each participant will understand the causes of the 2014 economic crisis, the actions the Government and the National Bank of Ukraine have taken to overcome it, as well as the steps taken to prevent crises from happening in the future.
Location: 60 Volodymyrska str. (red building of T. Shevchenko National University of Kyiv), room 329, 3rd floor
Course agenda (UKR)
Video lectures representatives of National Bank will be available in a few weeks on the resources of the NBU, VoxUkraine, KSE
Our pricing is the following:
• We offer 20 free tickets to sponsors, volunteers, employees, and authors of VoxUkraine. To get a ticket, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject «VoxUkraineFriend».
• 20 tickets at 500 UAH are available for students who get the best results on a test on the principles of macroeconomics. You can take the test: https://goo.gl/rrjrjO
• 50 tickets are available at a price of 2 000 UAH
• The remaining tickets will be sold at 4 000 UAH.