Position: Development Director
Reports to: President
KSE is looking for Development Director. Working with staff, volunteers, KSE’s President and the Board of Directors, Development Director will lead the institution’s efforts in securing charitable contributions and donor funding to support successful implementation of the school’s mission and vision.
1) Leads fundraising strategy development and on-going adjustment with input from the School’s President and Board of Directors
2) Designs and assures implementation of cost-effective fund development programs
- Develops a balanced funding mix of donor cultivation and solicitation programs tailored to the needs of the organization that will enable it to attract, retain and motivate donors and fundraising volunteers;
- Implements proper planning including goal setting, strategy development, benchmarking and evaluation to support fund development. On-going progress monitoring.
- Develops timely, accurate and comprehensive charitable contributions income and expense budget and activities timeline;
- Combines development resources and activities balancing quantity and quality as to maximize results and ROI;
- Cultivate relationships and solicits contributions on behalf of the organization; Strategically engages Board Members, President, staff and volunteers in the process;
- Develops variety of donor (alumni, high-net worth, foundations, corporate and government) proposals and solicitation materials;
- Develops and assure proper maintenance of donor and prospect lists and records, gift recording and gift recognition systems, and informational reports;
- Establishes and assures on-going appropriate donor research;
- Implements and assures proper maintenance of IT and other management systems necessary to support fund development priorities;
3) Manages day to day operations of the development function, monitors adequacy and tactics and recommends adjustments as necessary;
4) Ensures establishment of and compliance with the institution’s own fund development and philanthropic principles, policies and procedures as well as compliance with all relevant regulations and laws. Maintains accountability standards to donors;
5) Builds donor-centered culture within the institutions, cooperates effectively with all professional staff and volunteers engaging them in donor cultivation, loyalty building and solicitation.
- Helps to identify, cultivate and recruit fundraising volunteers. Facilitates their training and interaction with them.
- Builds strong relationships with the institutions’ departments where there is substantial crossover, ensure that key departments understand the need for development function and are equipped to support it.
6) Appropriately represents the institution, its Board of Directors and President to community, media, donors and prospects, regulators, alumni and fundraising volunteers.
7) Continuously educates him/herself on the body of knowledge/best practices with regards to cost effective fund development programs and donor relationship cultivation. Pursues formal and informal education of self and others;
Position reports directly to the President. Within the school position will work in constructive cooperation with all KSE staff involved in institution’s advancement such as alumni relations, marketing and communications as well as careers office, finance office, academics. Outside of the school, position cooperates constructively with the Board of Directors, fundraising/development committees, alumni clubs and alumni leadership, fundraising volunteers, donors, prospects, community.
Please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark your email subject line: Development Director Position.