The criteria for admission include meeting a minimum score on the entrance exams.
Applicants should pass the following entrance exams:
- Economics and Interview (by KSE)
- English, Mathematics and Field (by KNU)
The Economics Exam is designed to measure the applicant’s ability to:
- understand economic basic concepts;
- apply mathematical methods to solving fundamental economic problems;
- apply basic economic reasoning to everyday issues.
Previous specialization in economics is not required for admission to the KSE.
Campbell R McConnell and Stanley L Brue: Economics: Principles, Problems, and Policies.
(Good knowledge of the material from this book is sufficient to successfully complete the Economics Part)
Additional literature (more advanced treatment of the topics):
- Rudiger Dornbusch, Stanley Fischer, Richard Startz, Macroeconomics// Irwin, McGraw-Hill;
- N.Gregory Mankiw, Macroeconomics // Worth Publishers;
- Robert N. Pindyck, Daniel L. Rubinfeld, Microeconomics// Prentice Hall.